Monday 28 March 2016

Time flies when you're having fun | My first wedding abroad !

Second semester -- 

Second semester had flown by ever so quickly - it felt like I'd just came back from my Christmas vacation and I was already packing to go to my next vacation! I guess now that I'm used to living and working here, time goes by very fast because I'm always occupied. I've been pretty busy with University work as well as placement to be honest. Aside from working Monday to Friday at SEK, I now tutor three students every Saturday for two hours - I give them extra English lessons out of class so they don't fall behind! And I can already see so much progress :)

Work at placement is going well. I'm always very busy with coming up with new ideas to teach the kids new concepts and I'd like to think they are enjoying the work that I produce for them. My students speak more and more English to me each day and that alone makes me very happy. Compared to the start of placement, where none of them had the confidence to speak English to now, almost the entire class giving it a good go! Everyday is rewarding for me, personally. Seeing my students learn and grow as a person is amazing.

I'm hoping to visit a few more cities before I finish my placement; the likes of Salamanca etc. But these will have to be done around my University work schedule as I have a research project due in for May! ^^' so far, Sam (my roommate Samra) and I have booked a trip to Alicante for the end of May which will be hopefully be the perfect ending to our journey in Madrid. I'm really looking forward to it as the weather will be nice and warm! Right now, it's still cold(ish) and windy... not as bad as England though!

My first wedding abroad -- 

So, on Monday, 14th March 2016, I took the plane from Madrid Airport to Málaga Airport. Why? Because I was off to attend my cousin's wedding! The build up to this wedding for me personally was very exciting. I knew I was going to see all of my family and also in SPAIN. How often does this happen? Not very! At least not for me... Anyway, I took four days off work to attend Jenny and Leon's wedding in Benalmadena. The wedding was one of the most special occasions I have ever witnessed - every moment of it brought a tear to my eye. The hotel that we stayed in was just opposite a beach and had breath-taking views from the rooms. I joined my cousins in a suite room and could not have been more impressed! I'm going to let the pictures do the talking from here...






'Barcelona' table.

Bride and groom with the bridesmaids. 

The beautiful bride and groom - Jenny and Leon.
The days spent in Málaga with my family were superb and I wish we it didn't have to end but my next trip was to England for 10 days to spend the rest of my Easter holidays there. I managed to spend time with my friends and family, which is all I wanted! The one thing I missed the most is the food...home comforts! My 10 days went by ever so quickly and now I'm back in Madrid for the last stretch of my 10 month placement. I have around two and a half months left here as a teaching assistant and I'm ready to make the most of it and enjoy every moment that I can. I'm so grateful for the recent events I have been able to participate in ~ here's to many more memories to come!

- Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment