Monday 18 April 2016

Jess comes to Madrid | Placement update

So...
I'm currently 8 months (Oh how time flies!) into my placement here in Madrid and I now have just under two months to go. Days seem to be coming and going quicker than I expected but I really am trying to make the most of it before it ends. 

My students bring a smile to my face each and every day and I'm so proud of all them for learning so much English in the time that I have been here and how much their English has improved. I love them all so much and I hope we can make more memories together in the next two months I have left here! I never knew that these kids would make an impact on my life so much -- 

Right now, the topic in class is "Where we are in Place and Time". Recently, they've making collecting pictures of natural landscapes and making group posters with fellow classmates and in the end, they'll present their poster to the rest of the class. 



Jess comes to M A D R I D 
My good friend from University who is doing her placement in Germany came to visit me on 16.04. She only came for one night/two days but it was still a lot of fun. Jess and I are both members of Aston University's badminton club and we will also be flat mates in our final year of Uni. 

Madrid greeted Jess with pretty crap weather...heavy rain pretty much all day. I think there was about 30 minutes of no rain in total! And that is not exaggerated... Our weekend consisted of lots of 'sight-seeing' and yummy food. We had a very oriental weekend! ^__^ ...we also wanted to try this dim sum restaurant out but it was closed :( 


Jess eating the classic churros con chocolate !

And of course I had to take her to try the infamous llaollao





Our weekend went like this... 

On 16.04, I picked Jess up from the airport and we took the metro to our hotel in Argüelles. After our rocky check-in, we freshened up and then headed into central Madrid for some late lunch. We went to Udon...an oriental restaurant in the heart of Madrid; Sol. I've been wanting to try the restaurant out for a while now and I was finally able to do so! 

After filling our tummies, we went to see the Royal Palace of Madrid and also Temple de Debod. Despite the crap weather, we tried to do as much as we could! In the evening, we went to Gayagum for some delicious Korean food! :)


             

On Jess' last day, the sun came out...surprise! The sun was out and the temperature was warm - perfect! So where else to go than Retiro park?! We did some 'rowing' in the big lake before we headed for the airport.




Thank you so much for visiting me whilst also on your year abroad, Jess! I hope you enjoyed your short but sweet time in Madrid... and we shall meet again back in Birmingham when we're both back from placement. 

Tiffany 





1 comment: