Monday 2 November 2015

Parque Warner | 25.10

It's nearing Halloween so we (Samra, Esther, Slavena and I) decided to check out one of the main theme parks here in Madrid - Parque Warner. The other one is called Parque de Attraciones (which we may visit too!) The website for PW looked pretty cool and with the help of YouTube, we were able to see what the rides were like.

I'm an individual who enjoys theme parks a lot and I'm not really scared of any rollercoasters/rides unless it has something to do with horror (haunted houses etc). So you could imagine how excited I was to go! PW currently has their Halloween theme going on so it was expected that there would be some 'scary'/horror themed rides or attractions (I definitely wasn't prepared for it). 

It took us about an hour to get there by metro, train and bus. We ended up getting a taxi to the theme park as we arrived at the train station because the PW bus took a very long time to come and quite frankly, we had little patience ^^'. It was just a 10 minute drive away so we were there in no time! The weather was decent (thank God)...after it had been raining most the week! Lucky us...

This blog post isn't going to be a text-based one as I want to show you what the theme park looked like :) - I hope you enjoy the pictures! 



Of course we had to take a group selfie just in front of the entrance whilst we all looked 'normal' and awake! OK so, the new addition to the selfie is Slavena. Slavena is Samra's roommate from Bulgaria :) she is also a teaching assistant in Primary just like myself. 





This ride is called Stuntfall and was probably one of the best rides there - definitely in my top two! Check it out on YouTube if you want to see what it looks like in action! Or maybe I can post a video up myself ^^. I managed to get the front seat of the ride the first time I rode it and thinking back at it now, I don't know how I didn't crap myself! I guess you'll only understand what I mean if you go on the ride yourself...but yes, even though I am not the type to get scared over rollercoasters, I was definitely a little nervous on this ride ^__^' 




Typical of these two to have an ice cream break whilst Samra and I went on the extreme rides 'Batman' and 'Superman'! hehe

OK, so as the night went on, the scarier it got. Zombies started to come out and other people seemed to be very dressed up for the Halloween occasion, whereas us? We seemed to have missed the memo ^__< The park looked very pretty lit up! It kind of reminded me of Disneyland! 


We actually queued up for about an hour for this attraction called "Viernes 13" which translated to English is, "Friday 13th". You can imagine what kind of attraction this was...yep, you guessed correctly - a horror 'walk in the woods'! T__T just queueing up for the ride got my heart racing ^__^' 
We walked through in a group of around 8 people and we weren't the only ones who were scared...even the two guys in front of us were holding onto each other! It was quite an experience...people running out of the dark to scare you with blood down their face and charging at you with chainsaws... we ran (literally) out of the exit! I will never do something like this again xD 




The street above was a street strictly for adults...and now I know why. What happened was a parade of zombies came by, lead by a police car. I honestly thought they were just advertising themselves, showing the audience how good their makeup is...until the music stopped and the zombies came to a standstill. We were in twos at this point - I was stood with Slavena and Esther was with Samra further down. Slavena and I looked at each other in confusion! We were wondering why they had stopped and were just staring at us... As soon as the music started again, the zombies charged straight at us! Forcing us to turn and run for our lives...their makeup was VERY good...and it was extremely scary. I mean, we all know they're poeple...but with their makeup and scary facial expressions...I couldn't help but run, run and run. This was equally as scary as Friday 13th T__T 




The last two pictures are shots of the aftermath of going on the main water ride at Parque Warner. It was pretty much a mini 'Tidal Wave' at Thorpe Park, UK. But, I actually think you get way more wet on this ride! We were even warned before the ride to go buy a raincoat first before going on because we were going to get drenched. We got more than drenched and it's a good job the weather was decent so we were able to dry off fairly quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed that ride! 

To conclude, I definitely would recommend the theme park to anyone visiting Madrid. The queues were very good and the theme park itself was well worth 25 euros. They also had a end Halloween Parade at 10:30pm but it wasn't great. For those of you who have been to Disneyland and have seen the Disney Parade, you'll be very disappointed! But still visit the park :) I haven't got pictures of all the rides I went on (including the extreme rides such as Superman and Batman) but you can always check them out on YouTube! 

I apologise that this post has been published again - I had accidentally deleted the original one and struggled to retrieve it. Thank you for your understanding and I hope you all had a enjoyable time celebrating Halloween :)

- Tiffany 




Photo credit: TeenyTinyMui









No comments:

Post a Comment