Monday 19 October 2015

"Miss Tiffany" | Feeling The Love ^__^

OK, so I've been here (Madrid) for almost two months now and I think it's safe to say that the children have settled in well and so have I ^^. My students call me 'Miss Tiffany' and I find that so adorable! ^__^ I really like my two classes - they're both special in their own ways. So, my role as an assistant is to assist my teacher by helping her watch over the students during class, mark their work, help them with reading and speaking, playground duty and sometimes I have to take an entire class of 20 students by myself when Sonia (Spanish Primary 1 teacher) is busy. One of my biggest responsibilities is making classroom materials for Mako. Whenever the students have art class, music or P.E, I am in the classroom brainstorming ideas for the next worksheets to make or any activities we could do as a class or in individual groups. I really enjoy the fact that I create all worksheets for the students as it makes me feel very involved with the class and school. I wanted to show my readers some of the existing material that I have come up with and there are more to come in the near future. 

The main topic/focus for the first semester is "How we organise ourselves in the community". So, the students were to learn about their community and what exactly is involved. Bearing in mind that my students are just 5-7 years old and are learning English as a second language, I think the worksheets are suitable for their abilities. Some are much simpler than others as I have to take into account the fact that not all students have great English speaking and reading skills. In each class there are around 3 or 4 students who attended an International school for infants and therefore they can speak very good English. 










After completing this worksheets, they are to take their English notebook and write sentences from the board using the vocabulary they have learnt from the worksheets! And of course, as kids, their favourite thing to do is colour in every single picture on the paper ^^'. I have just made some worksheets on pronouns and a few for Halloween that is coming up very soon! I hope they enjoy them...I put a lot of effort into them ^___^ I'll post them up soon too! 

I'm not sure why but I have been receiving a lot of pictures from the students whenever they are allowed to draw freely...it does bring a smile to my face though I must admit! It's cute that they want to draw pictures for me to take home and show my family back in England ^^' (they actually say this). And these are the pictures I have been given so far :) 









Children are not all that bad. It's true when they say it's rewarding working as a teacher or teaching assistant. I have definitely formed a bond with most of the students in my class and it's great to know that they feel comfortable enough to come up to me and ask for help or tell me their problems! :)

It's also great for the days when I'm missing home or just feeling under the weather - every morning my students give me a big hug and some even tell me that they love me ^^' 

- Tiffany 





























No comments:

Post a Comment